Sustainability is more than a corporate responsibility
At BWAY, we understand that the planet is our most precious resource and we are committed to preserving it for future generations. From production and manufacturing to operations, administration and community stewardship, we constantly seek to reduce waste, minimize our carbon footprint, conserve energy and utilize recycled materials whenever we can.
BWAY manufactures more than 300 metal, plastic and hybrid containers – each one recyclable. Our passion for innovation has made us a pioneer in eco-friendly packaging for more than a century.
While many of our plastic pails contain up to 30 percent post-consumer resin, our source-reducing Twinshot molding technology allows for the use of up to 50 percent recycled resin, while maintaining the container’s strength and integrity. Our patented diamond weave containers reduce greenhouse gas emissions up to 43% , and our steel and tin plate containers are made from 25 percent post-consumer recycled steel.
Eco-conscious all around
As a people-first company, BWAY places high value on maximizing efficiency and minimizing waste across our manufacturing facilities and corporate offices. Some of our sustainability initiatives include:
- Using recycled materials in our containers, such as post-consumer recycled resin and post-industrial recycled resin.
- Sponsoring programs for customers to return packing materials, pallets and more.
- Optimizing packaging so that our customers can maximize shipping space and reduce fuel usage.
- Developing closed-loop systems that eliminate water evaporation, capture rainwater and recycle water.
- Investing in solar energy to light walking paths around our facilities and exploring other solar options.
- Using water-based, rather than solvent-based, coatings in lithography and spray coating.
- Recycling materials, ranging from copper wire to resin to solvents.
- Significantly reducing our emissions of volatile organic compounds and hazardous air pollutants.
- Employing electric-only, energy efficient equipment in plastic manufacturing
- Converting light bulbs in our manufacturing and warehouse facilities to high-efficiency fluorescent light bulbs, and investing in LED light bulbs.
- Encouraging our employees to recycle paper, plastic and aluminum through ongoing company wide programs.